About This Mission Trip
Bring your long-johns and join Alaska Missions in their eleventh year at the Iditarod finish line. Your task is two-fold: reach the Native culture as well as the musher sub-culture of Alaska. You will cheer on mushers crossing the finish line, permeate the volunteer force of the Iditarod, go door to door delivering Bible-in-a-bucket to the community. You’ll host the concession stand at the Lonnie O’Conner Iditarod Basketball Classic, prayer walk, minister to village elders and host a kid’s club. The ministry opportunities are endless. While in Nome, experience Muskox and other wildlife and if conditions are right the northern lights!
During week two, there is an added bonus in serving with Alaska Missions at the Iditarod Finish. We help host the Musher’s Banquet, serving over 800 persons; in addition, we host the Red Lantern Banquet, aiding the Iditarod Staff in the culminating activities and celebrations of this international event.
Cold Gear Highly Recommended:
- Ski Jacket
- Ski Pants
- Warm Hat
- Snow Gloves/Mittens
- Wool Blend Socks
- Wool Blend Thermals
- Snow Boots (Baffin, Sorrel, Cabela’s & Olang)
**All workers must be certified in food handling**
Click here to obtain permit
What are the accommodations?
Your team will stay in local mission dormitories.
What will we eat?
Traditional native cuisine such as muskox and other wildlife provided by the missionary host.
The overall cost of the trip is $2100, however Christ Church is providing a $800 sponsorship credit for this trip.
Trip costs and dates are approximate.
**All payments are non-refundable**
- At Sign Up – $200 (Initial Trip Deposit)
- December 1, 2019 – $350 (This will bring your account balance to $550)
- January 1, 2020 – $350 (This will bring your account balance to $900)
- February 1, 2020 – $400 (This will bring your account balance to $1300, paid in full)
- Attend all team meetings including team building day
- Meet all payment deadline requirements